Saturday, June 27, 2009

11 Days to Go,...

Well, I did not get to a post yesterday for 11 days but I couldn't just skip 11 days to go, so here it is. And just FYI- the scripture for yesterday was

1Peter 1:13-16
Therefore, prepare your minds for action,
be self-controled,
Set your hope fully on the Grace given you
when Jesus Christ is revealed.
As obediant children,
do not conform to the evil desires you had
when you lived in ignorance
But just as He who called you is holy,
so be holy in all you do,
for it is written, Be holy, for I am holy

This passage is powerful for me because it tells us that it is important to work our best at being holy, not so we can show how great we are, or rub others in it, but to try our hardest to be holy, so we can do what is right. We will NEVER, ever, be Holy because of our sinful nature, but it is our duty to work at it and just know that we are forgiven By Faith Alone, through Faith Alone.

1 comment:

  1. That's my promise verse! I was never to fond of it. The NKJV starts it out different and I could never quite figure out what it meant. I really like your explanation of it! Thanks=)

    ReplyDelete