Monday, June 29, 2009

9 Days to Go...

Well, I didnt get to the post yesterday because I was incredibly busy with Church in the morning, then we went on the river, long story, and when I got home (around 9ish) I was so tired I couldnt do anything. So, here it is;

The reading today is Genisis 12:1-3
The Lord had said to Abram,
Leave your country
your people
and your father's household
and go to the land I will show you.
I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you
I will curse
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.

This is a great encouragement for me. It shows that God blesses people who obey him and do as He asks. And that awesome thing is that God did exactly what He said He would to Abram. Abram obeyed God and left what he knew, family, friends, country he lived in, and listened for God to share with him where He would like him to go, and it was counted to him as Righteousness. Abram, who eventually was called Abraham, is known throughout the Bible and the Christian faith.
This is very pertinent for me, because I recently had to wait on God for direction in my life. Not for Latvia, but for a Yes by God saying, Western Oregon University is where I want you to go, and this is what I want you to do. Sometimes it's difficult to wait, but we all need to make sure that we are listening to where God would have us go, not just what we want, or the whole way, we will be fighting for the drivers seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment