Sunday, July 5, 2009

2 Days to Go...

Well, today is the commissioning service at the Church. This is where we missionaries are brought up front of the church and our leaders talk about the mission, what we plan to do, why we are going, just tell some logistics of the trip, and then we are all prayed for. I think it will be a good time of fellowship. (I Hope Bethany is there too, I haven't seen her in a long while.)

Today's Scriptures is:

Romans 15: 5-6
May the God who gives
endurance and encouragement
give you a spirit of unity among yourselves
as you follow Christ Jesus,
so that with one heart
and mouth
you may glorify
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is always a prayer as a christian collective, but even more on a trip like this. I pray that I would do nothing that hurts my testimony. I pray for Grace in situations in which it might be hard for me to give grace. I pray for unity in our group, we would get along well, and not get on each other's nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment