Friday, July 3, 2009

4 Days to Go...

Today's passage is from 2 Thessalonians 2: 13-17:
But we ought always to thank God for you,
brothers loved by the Lord,
because from the beginning
God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit
and through belief in the truth.
He called you to this through our gospel,
that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
So then, brothers, stand firm
and hold to the teachings we passed on to you,
whether by word of mouth or by letter.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself
and God our Father,
who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement
and good hope,
encourage your hearts
and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

I love that ending. May God, who gave us grace and enternal encouragement and hope, encourage and strengthen you in everything- works and words.
It just is very powerful.


Well, we are getting so close I can taste it. I had a chance (and was asked) to go to the Redmond Airport last night to check on a few questions we had. Boy, it has changed in Roberts' Field. They are expanding the airport, more parking, more places for planes, a holding area for check passengers awaiting their flights after security. I think once it's done, its going to look amazing in there.
We are having our Church Commissioning at First Baptist this Sunday and it is during an outdoor service so I think that will be fun, I just hope its not awkward for me to be there with people that I don't see too much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment